Esin is an executive consultant and trainer in Istanbul, Turkey.
Esin has been working as an analytics consultant since 2010, focusing on data warehousing, data visualization, predictive and advanced analytics (machine learning). She provides consulting services to international and local companies, operating in Turkey and abroad; mainly in conceptual design, quality assurance and go-live phases of projects from various industries and business units.
Since 2017, she has been providing both conceptual and technical trainings for entrepreneurs to equip them with data analytics skillsets.
She feels like a “citizen of world” and is a true believer of common sense and technology. She enjoys learning languages and different cultures. Every person, every company, every nation is different and similar at the same time; so to be the solutions people need.
She has graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Management Science and Engineering and, a Master’s degree in Data Analytics.
She is proficient in Turkish, English and French languages.
Life is becoming digitalized, and the data created has potential for everyone. Companies must use data analytics to make innovative, sustainable, and inclusive business decisions.
IBCS® Certified Trainer
Esin Özkan has successfully completed the IBCS® certification for successful design of reports and presentations at the HICHERT+FAISST IBCS® Institute in September 2017 and serves as IBCS® Certified Trainer.
The work is about re-organizing a simplistic market share analysis as a dashboard compliant with IBCS® Standards.
In the improvement phase:
- The structure has been enriched with complimentary data.
- Graphs are added to express the performance results better.
- Variances and highlights are added to emphasize extreme changes.
Market Share Analysis Dashboard of Firm X
- On the left side: total market growth and Firm X’s growth are compared with each other.
- Then: market share of the Firm X is shown by product groups (A and B), distribution of sales between the 2 groups and the comparison with planned values are exposed.
- On the right side: market volume, Firm X’s volume and market share trends are analyzed by customer groups.
Analysis before IBCS® adaptions and step-by-step improvements
The analysis were much more simplistic without any visualization and the information density was too low. Click through the slides and see the improvements step by step.