C10: Bubble charts
This template shows another example of a chart with two value axes: Bubbles representing products are arranged in a coordinate system for “Market attractiveness” and “Relative market share”.
The Size of the bubbles corresponds to the “Net sales” of the respective product. This template can be used best, if the bubble position is defined by two independent (product) properties and the bubble size is defined by a third independent (product) property. The number of bubbles can be from a very few up to a hundred or even more (depending on the bubble size).
Features for IBCS® certification of software
- Legends inside or outside the chart explaining different bubble colors or fills as well as the bubble size
- Selective labeling of the bubbles
- Bubble labels close to the visualizing elements
- Consistent title and footnote concept
- Message concept
- Integrating and highlighting comments (not here)