C05: Columns with horizontal waterfall charts
The lower tier of this template shows grouped columns for AC (resp. FC) and PL 2013 combined with a horizontal waterfall chart showing the absolute variances. It is extended by an additional column for AC 2012 (=PY). Two additional tiers show the relative variances to PL and PY.
This chart type can be used best, if two scenarios for not more than 25 time periods are presented. If a third scenario must be shown, too, scenario triangles must be used.
Features for IBCS® certification of software
- Proper scaling of charts with the same unit (values, volumes, shares, ratios) in this template
- Legends at the left hand or right hand of the data series
- Value labels at the top or bottom of the visualizing elements
- Red and green variances
- Pins for relative variances, columns for absolute variances
- Notation concept for columns showing different scenarios; consistent title and footnote concept
- Message concept
- Highlighting differences
- Integrating and highlighting comments