C02: Stacked bar charts
Stacked bar charts are being used for displaying the structure of data in a given time period or at a given point of time.
This template for a stacked bar chart can be used best if not more than five or six data series for not more than 25 structure elements are presented.
Disadvantages of this chart type:
- Showing negative and positive values is only possible for the first (left) data series.
- The structure of only the first (left) data series and the total can be analyzed well.
- If data points are missing, the labeling and the analysis is difficult.
Features for IBCS® certification of software
- Proper scaling
- Integrated legends at the top or bottom side of the bar data points
- Sums outside of the bars
- Consistent title and footnote concept
- Message concept
- Highlighting differences
- Integrating and highlighting comments
- Suppress data labels of small values