C04: Multi-tier bar charts
The first tier of this template compares different scenarios in a grouped bar chart. The second and third tiers show different absolute and relative variance charts. E.g., these 3-tier charts are being used to analyze the data structure of different scenarios.
This template can be used best, if two scenarios for not more than 25 structure elements are presented. If a third scenario must be shown, too, scenario triangles must be used.
Features for IBCS® certification of software
- Proper scaling of charts with the same unit (values, volumes, shares, ratios) in this template
- Legends above or below the data series
- Value labels at the right hand or left hand of the visualization elements
- Red and green variances
- Pins for relative variances, bars for absolute variances
- Notation concept for bars showing different scenarios
- Consistent title and footnote concept
- Message concept
- Integrating and highlighting comments